Monday, September 24, 2012

Lemons for Glory


 

Life without lemons? 
Now, wouldn't that be...sweet...


TRUTH:  Life is not about our comforts! Life for the believer is about bringing Glory and Honor to the King of Kings in all circumstance.  


Recently, while attending a birthday party celebrating with one of my kiddos classmates, I had the unexpected JOY of sharing my testimony.  The story of how God so richly blessed our lives through the gift of adoption.  As we stood there talking about the miracle of life, the gift of a birth mother while the sounds of giggles, pitter patters and splashes rang through the back ground, I was yet again standing in awe of my God.  We were literally watching the handiwork of the Almighty before us.  My son who is the most amazing gift to us was playing with children who are the most amazing gift to their families.  It was a glorious moment of reflection for me.  As I stood there marveling at what God had done I had to pause and give thanks for the season that was difficult and dark.  Those months that turned into years that my heart longed and ached to be a Mother.  To behold what my eyes were looking at...the years of tears, test, failures and defeat had turned into one amazing song of triumph and Glory for the King of Kings.

I was broken on purpose. For HIS purpose.
For HIS glory. 
For such a time as this. 
 


We all go through difficult seasons.  Some seasons are gray with a covering of  fog while others are deep and dark and seem never ending.  May I encourage you for a minute?  You are reminded through scripture that HE knows the number of hairs on your head...that HIS people will not be beggars of bread...that even the birds have nest...you are told that in HIM alone you will find your rest.  If you are going through trials...if this season of life in uncomfortable start looking up, hit your knees and seek your refuge in the shadow of the Most High.   Find your moment of rest in HIM and draw strength for a new day!

I know what I'm doing. I have it all 
planned out - plans to take care of you,
not abandon you, plans to give 
you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:10-11 (MSG)
  
I am thankful for my seasons of brokenness.  I have learned that when I am focused on my ALL in ALL, I can face all things...not in my strength but in His.  And when the next season of testing comes my way may it birth a new testimony filled with His glory.

May I be used up to exalt the name of the One Most High.

(read it here)

(P.S...All pics here were taken at my kiddo's 5 year birthday party...
I kind of like parties and YEP...it was big deal!)

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. Thanks for sharing! I have a blog hop on the go at http://abooksandmore.blogspot.com/2012/09/make-my-saturday-sweet-blog-hop-8.html#

    God bless!
    Tina - mom of 4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Annmarie, I appreciate you dropping in! :)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe here....

There is to much about me for this little space. I think big and dream bigger. I love people. I love family. I love to be loved. I am a wife, mother, sister, Meme and friend. I am a believer in the Christ Jesus, I worship him and him alone. I am amazed at my abundant blessings and take each day as it comes. My life is a gift and I am forever grateful.

BOP on Twitter

Orphan Care

Great Reads

I Review For The Tyndale Blog Network